Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title states. I'm looking for a retractable extension cord reel. preferably 14 AWG with single female plug. also 30' would be better (this is in a two car garage). I'm thinking 50 footers would be harder to rewind. looking at all the reviews & what's available is time consuming. Reel Works unit's look good to me but they're on a 3 to 5 month shipping wait:clonk:.the only two I've come up with are the zilla reel($120) & Goodyear($140). they both have a 5' lead wire helping with placement. wasn't looking to spend over a $100 but don't want junk either. so just wondering what everyone else is using ? thanks.
hmardown

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Maybe not what your looking for but years ago I had a box trucks that we set up for mobile metal work (hvac). We installed garden hose reels with about 300' of cord on them. When we got to the job we just grabbed the cord and ran out whatever we needed to plug in the truck. Lights and machines fully powered. When it was time to roll up, the large reel made fast work out of 300' of cord.
I don't like the self retracting reels, they are either a pain to retract or a pain to keep out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts