Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around for exhaust systems I am finnally gettin to that point anyway I called flow master and another company as well but they only seem to have head pipes for headers any suggestions I was think of flow master 70 series or there is a dynamax muffler that sounds nice I want a complete exhaust tail pipes and all it is a big block with stock manifold A 69 thanks mike

·
Gold Founding Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I friend had whatb Ithink was repo Chambered exhaust it seemed pretty raspy anyone else have any experence with these

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Mike, I have the 2 chambered flowmasters on my 67 and they sound sweeeet! I am also running stock manifolds. I had a local guy I know bend the pipes for me. If you have the original pipes from the manifolds to the mufflers I could ask him to make new ones using the old ones as templates,or just custom build you a system. Let me know what you think.

------------------

Scott

·
Gold Founding Member
3,081 Posts
Find an independent muffler shop in your area that caters to gearheads. He will probalby recommend a 2.5" pipe with Flowmaster or Dynamax mufflers, they come in different sizes which equals sound volume and tone. Small gives you the sound of power, big stealth, inbetween, just right!

You should pay about $300 for the whole system manifold to turn downs. If you look in Summit or Jegs, you will pay about $250 for the parts and have to install it yourself assuming everything fits. Have the shop do it and its done in one day and comes with a workmanship warranty to fix pin holes, etc. that may develop. As you can tell I HATE crawling under my car chasing muffler and tailpipe leaks and rattles!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
My dad has chambered exhaust on his '69 Yenko Camaro, and we also had a '69 L78 Camaro that had chambered...UNBELIEVABLE SOUND! I don't know how it sounds on a Chevelle, but according to the guys I've talked to and the old articles I've read about it, its supposed to sound better on the Chevelle than it does on the Camaro. It has something to do with the length and the configuration. I know on the Camaros it sounds AWESOME! Anyway, I did read that it doesn't flow like a good dual exhaust, so if you want maximum horsepower, go with a good dual exhaust with some sort of good Turbo-type muffler. BUT, if you want a killer sound, and a vintage look, go with the chambered exhaust.

------------------
Rob Clary
'70 LS-6 Chevelle
Team Chevelle Gold Member #85
Interested in COPOs, Yenkos or other dealer built muscle cars then go here:
ortrackm.missouri.org/~yenko

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.