Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good technical "how to" book on 396 Chevy build up. Anybody know what is the best book out there? I am not a novice, but new to the 396 BBC. I am looking for a technically accurate book. Allot of books out there now are crap from a technical standpoint and loaded with errors.

Thanks, Phil

·
Premium Member
5,756 Posts
Screw a book. Search the engine and performance sections and start assembling questions. There are not any areas more visited on this site than those and the people there give real life experience. Print cannot come close.

Just fired my built 396. No way to read the many things they walked me through. I have owned these cars since 66 and have learned more in the last 12 months here than every month prior.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Screw a book. Search the engine and performance sections and start assembling questions. There are not any areas more visited on this site than those and the people there give real life experience. Print cannot come close. (quote)

I agree with you, but I do both. Learn all you can from books and forums, that's what I do.

Thanks, Phil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts