Team Chevelle banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
This motor has not been run since installing the new cam. Just lined up the dots and installed. It was the first step in reassembly...until the other issues were uncovered.
You're right there, it wouldn't hurt to check it then you'll know for sure.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Those heads are a good deal BUT it's a night and day conversation comparing that head to the afr CNC'd head . If it were mine and I had the extra scratch I'd buy the afr heads which I'm doing with my winter build .
Not saying that brodix head isn't quality or that they wont wake that engine up at all but again the afr cnc head just out classes that head . Hence the 7 benjamins more

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Those heads are a good deal BUT it's a night and day conversation comparing that head to the afr CNC'd head . If it were mine and I had the extra scratch I'd buy the afr heads which I'm doing with my winter build .
Not saying that brodix head isn't quality or that they wont wake that engine up at all but again the afr cnc head just out classes that head . Hence the 7 benjamins more
I bought the Brodix 180s. There's just too much of a gap in money for me just to have the CNC porting. Plus...I have to buy new headers and other items to get this motor back together. This is a street car...not strip so I'm sure it will run WAY better than what it did with my setup. Heck...I might go 572 next then the process starts all over again lol.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I bought the Brodix 180s. There's just too much of a gap in money for me just to have the CNC porting. Plus...I have to buy new headers and other items to get this motor back together. This is a street car...not strip so I'm sure it will run WAY better than what it did with my setup. Heck...I might go 572 next then the process starts all over again lol.
Yeah them are good heads man .
What's wrong with headers that are on there ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Yeah that's my brand . Hedman
Got the Brodix IK 180s today and initial inspection looks good. Should I be good to go with these given my application with what I have listed? I bought a pushrod length checker so I will confirm what I need before buying them. Just want to make sure I can bolt these up using the new Felpro 1203 .041 gaskets without any issues on clearance.

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
Got the Brodix IK 180s today and initial inspection looks good. Should I be good to go with these given my application with what I have listed? I bought a pushrod length checker so I will confirm what I need before buying them. Just want to make sure I can bolt these up using the new Felpro 1203 .041 gaskets without any issues on clearance.
Theylle be awesome with the combination you listed . Check the clearances . Sounds like you'll be alright

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
What are your plans with the original roller rockers. Knowing two are broken are you going to have the others checked with a better method than just looking at them?

81 - 100 of 118 Posts