Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,391 Posts
I recall using some 3M stuff... Small tube, gray-colored? Not sure if it was the "weatherstripping adheasive" (I know that comes in Yellow and Black)... I used it on the medalians, and never had a problem in 12 years...

The lower stainless trim strip, I recall that had "pins", so I don't recall using any adheasive...

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Although I removed the original panels from the car years ago, I saved them for the purpose of saving the medallion and the ss strip. Getting them off the original panels last week was a real chore as the original adhesive (gray in color) was still holding like crazy. The ss strip was glued on also and had no pins. I ended up tearing the panel apart to get both pieces off.

The 3M weatherstrip adhesive sounds like a good idea. I have both the black and yellow.
Thanks, Wayne

·
Registered
231 Posts
Although I removed the original panels from the car years ago, I saved them for the purpose of saving the medallion and the ss strip. Getting them off the original panels last week was a real chore as the original adhesive (gray in color) was still holding like crazy. The ss strip was glued on also and had no pins. I ended up tearing the panel apart to get both pieces off.

The 3M weatherstrip adhesive sounds like a good idea. I have both the black and yellow.
Thanks, Wayne

3M also makes a clear emblem adhesive,and that is what I use on stuff like that.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
I used black 3m weatherstrip glue with no probs

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
All but one of the interior panel trim items on my '66 had little spike tabs on the back to hold the trim in place by piercing the panel and bending over the tab.
However, one chrome strip was glued to the original panel. James Hinshaw told me that they could come either way...depending on the vendor.
He sold me a Locktite adhesive that worked perfect...and fast!
I don't remember the part number.
Give James a call...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts