Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i have verified that my 65 SS is the real deal. but the thing that confuses me is my understanding is that column shifter and bench seats were not an option for the 65 SS. anyone able to enlighten me on this one?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
SS was a trim package, bucket seats, console, exterior trim treatments etc.. They were all 137(6cyl)and 138(V8) vin cars. You should find the 137 suffix or 138 on alot of stuff, such as dog leg on the drivers side door, sheetmetal, the rearend, among other idications. Its beyond me why someone would order an SS package delete buckets, and console. Im sorry but Im a bit skeptical about the cars authenticity.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those were my exact thoughts on the matter, but the door jamb plate reads 138375k137324, tellin me v8, sport coupe, '65, kansas city, unit # 137324, and the plate reads 12d
st 65-13837 kan 8337 body
tr 770 cc paint
e2km 5. the car is white with correct interior colors. bench seat matches the back seat.

car had a powerglide and ac when it got it as 3rd owner and everything else is in fairly good shape and all parts are as they should be with no evidence of restoration or paint or change of emblems or anything else. sure wish i had the build sheet!! I am still baffled

1 - 4 of 4 Posts