Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a clock on ebay and the person selling it said they didn't know whether or not the clock worked. I was planning on testing it with a battery. I have a hunch I will need to use a fuse link in order not to burn the motor up if indeed the clock is good.

Also my speedometer face has some rust on some of the numbers. I took a soapy cloth and tried to rub it off and it took the brightness of the numbers off.
Anyone know of a place where I can buy just the face of the speedo? There is a guy on ebay called whiteguageguy but all he sells is white face stick on decals. Don't like the looks. Thanks for anyone's help.

JFC69-70

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
There is no motor in a 70 clock. It has a spring that is wound by a solenoid. Grond the clock case to negative battery terminal and runa wire from the clock terminal to battery positive and you should hear a click (solenoid activating and rewinding the spring). Nine times out of ten if it doesn't work you can disassemble, oil with a good clock oil and they will take off.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Steve....what about a '72 clock? same function?

·
Registered
261 Posts
you could prolly get that guy on ebay to make your gauge decal in black.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thnaks Steve...I'll be taking apart the dash in another month or so, fininshing up the suspension, so I'll take a look at that time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts