Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
You can use the battery in your car. Connect a jumper cable from the negative post to the motor, just clamp it to the side of the gear case. Use #14 wire to Connect a wire from each of the two outside terminals of the motor connection, black and light blue connections. Refer to this pic (from Coppertop.) Connect a third #14 wire from the pos post of the battery to the middle terminal of the motor connection. Yellow connection. The two outside wires will be connected motor case/battery negative as follows. Black wire only for park. Black and light blue for low speed. Light blue only for high speed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Elree:

Everything on the motor works as you instructed. I'm trying to get the washer to work. I left the jumpers hooked up to the wiper motor. I jumped the black/yellow from the washer pump to the center terminal as shown on Copperhead's diagram. Then I hooked a jumper from the dark blue side of the washer pump and grounded it and all it does is click. Should that dark blue wire be jumped to the positive side of the battery?

Thanks for your help.
Jim

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
The wiper motor drives the washer pump. The wiring is connected to a latching mechanism. With power is applied to the yellow connection and when the dkblue wire is grounded the latch is released allowing the pump to operate for one revolution, several pump strokes. If the motor is not running all you will hear is the clicking noise when you ground the dkblue wire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts