Chevelles.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the bench in my '71 Malibu, and now it's taking up lots of space in my shop.

Does anyone ever need one of these? I'm not looking to profit at all, I would gladly give it away. I hate to throw away original parts that are still in good condition, but this one's taking up a lot of space.

------------------
Paul Hesco
www.chevelles.net/nfc

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Hide the space between floor and seat with fabric and boom! instant couch. Dunno if i'd keep it but I sure wouldnt give it away if its in good condition. Thats gas in your tank. People have thrashed bench seats and if yours is in good shape im sure they would be interested in it.....even if its a trade for a case of beer at minimum.

------------------
'70 SS 396
4spd, 4.10's and a smile
TC# 1341
ACES# 05388
Beaux
The SS
The Rat- Plans for a 496 in the works.

Life is a gateway drug that leads to Chevelle addiction.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I can second Beaux's advice. In fact I just bought a bench seat from a 70 to be used as furniture in "Mantown", my inner sanctum above my garage. And even though I still need to invest in new covers it was still worth it for me. So, I say turn it into a novel piece of furniture. But if you do feel the need to get rid of it then let me know....I still need more furniture!

------------------
Mark
1970 SS454 LS6 (nom)
TH400/4.10 posi
Formerly Cranberry Red now War Bonnet Yellow
-------------------------
"Fight Apathy - the disease no one cares about."

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
Paul, if I were close I would come and get it from you. If you don't have room, DO NOT throw it away. These seats are becoming harder and harder to locate as more and more bench seat cars are crushed. The people out there that are restoring the cars back to original are now trying to locate these seats. Ever tried to locate a convertible back seat? Same problem.

I recently sold a very nice core to a fellow TC'r for $100. He wasn't a block away when I realized that was stupid. Next time I need one for a restoration, it will take me 2 months and several hundred $$$ to replace. Keep it! They can be easily knocked down so they don't take up as much room. JMO

------------------
ACES #5032
TC #1074

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
I dont know if I would keep it or trash it, depends on demand in your area. I have 3 of them, and just tossed out one as no one has asked for one yet. If it is taking room I would toss it. I may keep mine around in case I need one but dont count on selling one anytime soon.

------------------
Dave
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
68/72 chevelles
55/57/61 chevies
TC member #493
Never forget Earnhardt!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd buy one today, except the shipping to california would double the cost of it. I found one in L.A. for free, but he wouldn't ship it for me (at my cost).

So it's back to the junk yards around here.

------------------
Rick
72 Malibu
98 Fatboy
T/C Gold Member #369

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Don't throw them out! I could use the chrome adjuster knob (only if it's in good shape, chrome is peeling on mine)as well as a spring underneath for adjusting the seat front to back.

------------------
1970 Chevy Custom El Camino
Originally was & will be Green Mist & Silver w/Green Vinyl Top (now black/black)
350ci/300HP 4bbl & Dual Exhaust
TH-350 - 2.73 Posi Rear - Factory PS, PDB, PW, Tilt, A/C & More
My El Camino Home Page
Also, check out my new 1987 Chevy Caprice Coupe!
Other Restorations - 1969 Snowco Trailer & 1967 Sears Custom 600 Tractor
Team Chevelle Member #995

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Keep it! You guys that say 'toss' think they're gonna make more of these?
No room? Build a shed or something. This stuff is going to and is already getting hard to find. People used to toss the low back bucket seats for high backs. Now look what you have to pay for them low backs. JMO

Todd TC#494
65 SS convertible

1 - 8 of 8 Posts