Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was hoping to get some help IDing this bench seat I received in trade. Based on the headrest style, knob shape, brackets, etc I believe to be GM for sure and I THINK its from an A-body. Its very dusty from storage but I think the pics are good enough. I have no current use for it but would like to ID it properly.
What do you think it is?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
It has been recovered in a custom pattern. Not exactly sure what it is out of. I would say that is either a 69,70,71 or a 72. If you measure the seat track mounting holes center to center from front to back, I can tell you if it is an A body seat. What do the headrest locks look like? Please post a picture of them with the headrests way up. Also the headrest posts may be date coded.The seat track adjustment lever knob is black. That should mean either a 71 or a 72.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was "told" its from a 71 buick or olds, and the pattern does look a little like that. I does look to have been recovered but with maybe an origi.al replacement cover (very oe feel to it). Ill look for headrest date and measure the track.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,789 Posts
I'm about 90% certain those are vintage JCWhitney double pleated covers.
Used to see them offered in their catalogs. Really not a bad seat cover. They would make them for any us made vehicle 1930's-80's

A couple companies still offer covers this way- though they have nicer looking cover design offerings now. They do want a lot of money for the service though... Not nearly as cheap as they were back in the day.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
That style headrest lock was used from 70-72. That headrest lock appears to have been sprayed black. I believe your seat is either a 71 or a 72. So a 71 would make sense.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tracks measure ~ 45 1/2" and 14.5" mount hole centerlines. The headrest shaft have.been painted but it looks like it will come off very easily and the only marking i can find are stamped 14? I also looked closer and yes it has been recovered. Any rough ideas on value ? Thanks folks.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
Just measured an A body bench. This is what I get. 14.5 inches from center to center on where the track mounts to the floor. 45 inches from center to center on the front holes of the drivers side and the passenger side tracks. I believe that you have an A body seat. We just might have measured a little differently. Price on these depends on availability and how bad someone needs one. If you can get more than $150.00 you are doing real well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts