• Bucket seats w/ console

Votes: 6 85.7%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'69 COPO Clone

I'm finally getting to the interior of my COPO clone.

I have the original bench seat that came with the car and a nice set of buckets and console that I could use instead. All will need new covers.

Which would you use? The bench will be easier to install obviously since I wouldn't need to weld in the brackets for the console or buckets.

And, I understand that bench seats and column shift were very common in COPO's.

But, this car will be sold as soon as it is finished, and I think the bucket seat/console will be better for re-sale.

What do you guys think? If you were buying it, would the bench seat turn you away? Would you perfer the buckets?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I may be wrong (which alot of times I'm :( ) I though that the COPOs were "plain Janes" very little or no options and that the only options (besides the radio :disco: ) were for performance. All the ones I've seen had bench seats, dog-dish caps and very very little in the way of creature comforts.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,779 Posts
Keep in mind it's lot easier to replace the buckets with a bench rather than replace a bench with buckets. I'd put in the buckets with no console (column shifter), and offer the bench and/or console along with the car if the buyer wants it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts