Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bell housing GM part number 460468. I was wondering if anyone knew what it was from and if it was for an 10.5" or 11" clutch. Thanks so much! Any info would be gladly taken!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Yep truck housing. It is the same one I'm using. Had my future Daughter-in-laws brother make me a spacer at the machine shop he works at. He really didn't do it, they were trying to get out a run of Harley parts on time so his supervisor made and installed it for me. Dialed in well within specs!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,309 Posts
Truck bell housing (with bigger hole) showing the spacer and front bearing retainer from a Muncie.
With this setup, all will be just fine.
DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT use a truck housing and a car tranny together without the spacer!!!!! The tranny input shaft is centered with the crankshaft centerline when the front bearing retainer fits into the hole---------------NOT BY THE 4 ATTACHING BOLTS OF THE TRANNY!

G

·
Yep truck housing. It is the same one I'm using. Had my future Daughter-in-laws brother make me a spacer at the machine shop he works at. He really didn't do it, they were trying to get out a run of Harley parts on time so his supervisor made and installed it for me. Dialed in well within specs!!:thumbsup:
You can purchase those spacers from McLeod, they make all there shields the larger size and use the adapter to bring them down, or they did.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Dennymac on this board sells the spacer and so does Novak industries.

I have used one from Novak and my brother has one of Dennys, they both work great, dennys was less expensive and a little tighter fit.
I had posted about this back when I was looking for one. Then the guy said he could do it at work. Shortly after that I got a PM, I think Denny about the spacer but it was already done. I still greatly appreciated the reply back then! I was new here and it really gave me an idea of how the site would be!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Great info Tom, as always.

I have noted you have posted this info with pics in the past, I recall a very detailed thread with pics - it should be a sticky post!

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
I had posted about this back when I was looking for one. Then the guy said he could do it at work. Shortly after that I got a PM, I think Denny about the spacer but it was already done. I still greatly appreciated the reply back then! I was new here and it really gave me an idea of how the site would be!:thumbsup:
Johnny,

I too remember your post and yes, this is one of the best, if not the best forum ever for people helping each other!!!

Now if we could teach the rest of the world to treat each other the way we do on Team Chevelle the world would be a much better place!!!!

Oh to only dream about it!!! LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts