Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
it's spring, days getting longer and all the toys are running. last 3 months we helped the kids move, getting the house ready to rent, l think ive been down to sierra vista every weekend for the last 3 months! So I'm getting the need a new project itch! I don't want to spend any money, really want to work a trade and this is where I'm trying to keep myself out of trouble. I've got a nice 1971 K0 CT70, minibike which people want crazy money for. also have a really nice 350x trike. They're both running, titled and smaller than a broken chevy project car. I keep thinking of throwing a ad to see if there's any interest (last time a guy offered a 71 el camino for the bike, a 70 truck roller for the trike). I want a project for this summer but I really dont want one taking up space in the yard. Wife says just enjoy the toys we have. (Wise woman!) jim

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
View attachment 740015 it's spring, days getting longer and all the toys are running. last 3 months we helped the kids move, getting the house ready to rent, l think ive been down to sierra vista every weekend for the last 3 months! So I'm getting the need a new project itch! I don't want to spend any money, really want to work a trade and this is where I'm trying to keep myself out of trouble. I've got a nice 1971 K0 CT70, minibike which people want crazy money for. also have a really nice 350x trike. They're both running, titled and smaller than a broken chevy project car. I keep thinking of throwing a ad to see if there's any interest (last time a guy offered a 71 el camino for the bike, a 70 truck roller for the trike). I want a project for this summer but I really dont want one taking up space in the yard. Wife says just enjoy the toys we have. (Wise woman!) jim
Wise, but maybe not so wise.
Men drop dead sooner, and I think it's because they stop doing and try to relax more.
Gals are made to naturally relax and their body doesn't start to fall apart. Men gotta keep busy to keep their bodies healthy.

I think that's why husbands die sooner.
However, in my case, it's because I want to......

·
Registered
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got 2 185s atc frames sitting in the side yard I can put together if I really need something to work on. we justbhave to finish the sierra vista house and get it rented before I can do any other projects right now. jim

Reactions: LeoP

·
Premium Member
18,304 Posts
Man, I miss Sierra Vista. was 'quarantined' on FT Huachuca until we graduated but a neat area. Ran a marathon in Bisbee, was the only time they let us off base!

·
Registered
9,623 Posts
You have some nice toys. A CT70 and a 350X are on my very short list, just never had the money. 😕

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Man, I miss Sierra Vista. was 'quarantined' on FT Huachuca until we graduated but a neat area. Ran a marathon in Bisbee, was the only time they let us off base!
i was based there in the 80's and actually picked up my Malibu there :)
great area, still have some family there myself

·
Registered
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
believe me, I don't have much into either of them. I bought a set of chevelle bucket seats for 125 bucks with custom upholstery, and had the old 3.31 rear from my 70 plus a set of used headers and made a trade for the 350x. the ct70, I used to buy any atc70 for under 200 bucks, threw a set of aftermarket fenders and a set of stickers. put a ad out and got the ct70 in a straight across trade. jim

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
believe me, I don't have much into either of them. I bought a set of chevelle bucket seats for 125 bucks with custom upholstery, and had the old 3.31 rear from my 70 plus a set of used headers and made a trade for the 350x. the ct70, I used to buy any atc70 for under 200 bucks, threw a set of aftermarket fenders and a set of stickers. put a ad out and got the ct70 in a straight across trade. jim
those are cool little bikes, save more of them :)

·
Registered
1970 Chevelle, 427 BBC, M-23 4 Speed, 12 Bolt Eaton Posi
117 Posts
If it ran you left a lot of money on the table from what I see here in Michigan.

Jim, you are a great barterer.
Yes it ran but I had no title, But I did keep my 65 Cushman Super Silver Eagle Sitting behind it last thing my dad restored before he passed in 2010.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Just saw a CT70 at a motorcycle dealer yesterday for $3500! Didn't look restored either.

·
Registered
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the ct70s are 2500 to 3500 around here in running shape. jim

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
When I was a kid, my cousin had a CT70. Seemed like dinosaur compared to my 86' CR80. At that time, you couldn't give those CT70's away.

·
Registered
72 nomad
176 Posts
I have a 70 ct70 I have been restoring. Put an 88 cc kit and about the biggest cam I could get. Someday I will finish it. I got it for $40 and now have pink and plates for it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
welcome back Jeff! I'm still flipping three wheelers, errr, buying and selling three wheelers. jim

·
Premium Member
13,609 Posts
View attachment 740015 it's spring, days getting longer and all the toys are running. last 3 months we helped the kids move, getting the house ready to rent, l think ive been down to sierra vista every weekend for the last 3 months! So I'm getting the need a new project itch! I don't want to spend any money, really want to work a trade and this is where I'm trying to keep myself out of trouble. I've got a nice 1971 K0 CT70, minibike which people want crazy money for. also have a really nice 350x trike. They're both running, titled and smaller than a broken chevy project car. I keep thinking of throwing a ad to see if there's any interest (last time a guy offered a 71 el camino for the bike, a 70 truck roller for the trike). I want a project for this summer but I really dont want one taking up space in the yard. Wife says just enjoy the toys we have. (Wise woman!) jim
I have a 70 ct70 I have been restoring. Put an 88 cc kit and about the biggest cam I could get. Someday I will finish it. I got it for $40 and now have pink and plates for it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Those Honda 70's are real cool bikes. If I had the cash, I'd make either one of you guys a decent offer. Too busy spending money elsewhere right now.
When I was a kid, my cousin had a CT70. Seemed like dinosaur compared to my 86' CR80. At that time, you couldn't give those CT70's away.
Well the CT70's were more like a mini-bike with a head light and tail light thrown on to make them street legal, whereas the CR80's were all-out motocross bikes for racing. Big difference. Both were real cool though. A buddy of mine had a kid brother who had a Yamaha YZ80 in the late 70's and that little thing just flat out flew!! Those two stroke engines were great for power.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts