Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my 70 ss does not have a heat riser on it. Do I need to have it?

Also how do I tighten in the new stud pins to secure the exhast pipe to the manifold. I thought they would have a Hex end on them by they are round and I can't really get a wrench on them. Any suggestions?

One more, how do I hold the manifold gaskets in place while bolting the manifolds back on to the block?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Premium Member
6,590 Posts
I noticed my 70 ss does not have a heat riser on it. Do I need to have it?

Also how do I tighten in the new stud pins to secure the exhast pipe to the manifold. I thought they would have a Hex end on them by they are round and I can't really get a wrench on them. Any suggestions?

One more, how do I hold the manifold gaskets in place while bolting the manifolds back on to the block?

Thanks,

Bob
The heat riser speeds up the warming of the carb/intake on those cold Mass mornings. If thats something you care about, then get/use one.

The studs don't have to be tightened into the manifold. When you tighten the head pipe nuts, it will be enough.

Actually they didn't use gaskets on the manifolds, although many guys use them.
The manifold gaskets can be put in after you put the two end bolts on the manifolds. Just put a bolt in the end holes, then slide the gasket in, the install the rest of the bolts and tighten.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts