Team Chevelle banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,252 Posts
I have to agree with everyone else. The before look was better. If you can try and just stick the trim rings on without actually pushing them into the rim and stand away and see how that looks.

·
Premium Member
12,132 Posts
Well I definately like the new centers better. Would like to see the new color with a beauty ring. Think I would vote new color with a beauty ring.
With your body color, and white is one of my favoites, the original light colored wheels dont look good IMO.

Reactions: VinceS427bb

·
Registered
From Australia to the USA.
222 Posts
I like after.

Wheels are such a hard thing to get a majority vote on.

It's all personal preference, and I love a sleeper look. I see wheels like that and I immediately Think blown BBC hiding under there.

Reactions: 454chevSS

·
Registered
172 Posts
I‘m totally down with the black wheel. I know what you’re going for and it is definitely more ”current”. That before was too “common”, right? Could try a Disc Brake Cap, but the derby cap is cool also.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks fella, I’ll see how the beauty ring looks too.
I‘m totally down with the black wheel. I know what you’re going for and it is definitely more ”current”. That before was too “common”, right? Could try a Disc Brake Cap, but the derby cap is cool also.
I was thinking about the disk brake cap too.

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
7,425 Posts
After (y) :)

·
Premium Member
12,132 Posts
I was thinking about the disk brake cap too.
Probably what I would have went with.
If you try it with a beauty ring how about a pic of that.

·
Premium Member
Rochester, New York
1,445 Posts
I prefer no rally's on a '66 because they didn't appear until '67. Just a lil' pet peeve of mine.....

If you prefer the after pix then go with steel wheels and dog dish caps

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
I like the black wheels. Definitely gives it a sleeper vibe. Maybe add the trim ring to see what that looks like? ..... But your car, your call!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts