Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 1969 Beaumont that was being built for the strip I presume. Not too sure about the mechanics as I am a painter (although I quit that line of work 20 years ago) Anyways was hoping for a suggestion or two on purchasing some new parts. Front brakes and control arm/suspension to be exact at this part of the build. I believe the car came factory with front disc (has them now). Im not sure if I should do the whole kit or just upgrade the rotors and calipers. Basically wondering if its cost effective to just do it right and do the kit. I am looking at the
Wilwood 140-10510-DR Brake Kit
Any feedback on that would be appreciated. As far as the front control arms (I need balljoints and tie rods so I am just going to renew it all) go I was interested in coil overs but would appreciate whatever info you got, I must admit I am green when it comes to these components. Not sure of the benefits vs cost ratios. Basically dont want to throw money where its not necessary.

Wish I knew more about the car itself but basically it has a moderately upgraded 454 new floor pans and boxed in frame. I am trying to build a fun weekend warrior. Ive been browsing the site for a while and have gotten a few tips but figured I would join in and see what I can learn from the experienced forum. Im hoping most of you can handle a Canadian Chevelle owner with lots of questions and little knowhow. Ha Thanks regardless

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Welcome to the fold Dubz69 It is a great place to ask and actually get answers sometime more than you asked for too! 🤣
But tons of knowledge here and you will acquire it and pass it on as well!
Show some pics of your Beaumont when you are able!

Casey

Reactions: Dubz69 and pduncan

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
10,729 Posts
Watch what you buy for where it's made, I put a Proforged complete steering kit in my 68 it's made in Tiawan but very good quality parts and Everything fit perfectly, Moog US or AC Delco Pro are good steering parts too, if you're looking for susp. upgrades UMI has some Very nice quality parts, and Welcome to Team Chevelle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I read a lot of threads and I'm going moog ac delco. If i can find parts. Any help on locating parts would be helpful. Not ready to do a full rebuild on this one jest yet. Upgrades can be done later or not at all for me. Appreciate the welcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts