Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On My stock chrome valve covers each has a PCV valve type hole on the top and one has a second oil fill hole. Is there 2 PCV valves or what else connects to the second side. Also wheres a good place to get the pcv grommets and a new chrome fill cap. thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The pcv valve goes in the driver side valve cover; the one with only one hole. The pass. valve cover; with the oil fill hole uses either a push in breather ('65-early'67 325 hp) or the 90 degree elbow and hose to the air cleaner assembly.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 72 with the cowl induction style air cleaner, so you're saying I probly need to find a hose to the air cleaner?

·
Registered
168 Posts
That is correct. You will need the grommet, 90 degree elbow and hose to go from the valve cover to the tube on the pass. side, rear bottom of you air cleaner assy.. Most part suppliers, Ausley's, Hinshaw's, Ground Up, etc. has all three pieces in a kit.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks i see how this is working now. Last question is there some sort of filter that goes on the inside on the air cleaner on that breather line, or is it wide open?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts