Chevelles.com banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nice! How much are the collectors you have on there worth over the mufflers I usually see?
I haven't seen nothin from those headers, maybe we don't have something right, easy to install though.

·
Premium Member
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
And of course thats were the engine is going, what a relief it was to see that car after the engine was built. I was very happy. Kinda reminds of this:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks for all the nice replies.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Eric

The engine will never even see 4800 RPM on a run, but that was peak TQ. Hows that converter?
Just complimenting that it made damn near 680 lb.ft at a modest rpm. :)

Don't look for converter results any time soon. I never got the car out at all last year (not even just to cruise), and with the fiasco 2020 is turning out to be, I don't see it coming out this year either.

·
Registered
1968 Chevelle Malibu, upgraded to a 396/TH400 from a 327/PG
567 Posts
Holy balls, Mark. Great work! If the 396 in my Malibu gives up, you’ll be my first call.

·
Premium Member
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just complimenting that it made damn near 680 lb.ft at a modest rpm. :)

Don't look for converter results any time soon. I never got the car out at all last year (not even just to cruise), and with the fiasco 2020 is turning out to be, I don't see it coming out this year either.
Very nice Q-Jet you made for me-thanks.

·
Registered
646 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
Eric

The engine will never even see 4800 RPM on a run ? , but that was peak TQ. Hows that converter?
Can I ask what that means ? Do you mean it will RPM above that number during a run ? certainly you can't run under 4800 and get good times ?

·
Premium Member
6,758 Posts
Mark can I ask about the M77 oil pump, does it have a stock or different spring? if so which spring and what did you do to the pump...I knew I should have sent you my "959" 1975 4 bolt block but with shipping I thought that would kill it, there I went thinking again

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Can I ask what that means ? Do you mean it will RPM above that number during a run ? certainly you can't run under 4800 and get good times ?
You are correct. Shift recovery will occur well above 4800 rpm during the pass.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts