Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 66 with a BBC and looking for header input. I did a search and the Elite 68198 and Dougs came up numerous times. This is a street car that may make a blast down the track. I am concerned with header coatings because when I look around they all look like crap after a couple years. Now the elite and Dougs only come ceramic coated. I was considering non coated and painting every few years. Thanks for any input.

Appreciated.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same here on my BBC. Stainless - ceramic coated - in/out - done by Jet Hot.
Still look brand new after 5 yrs. Live in New England.
What brand and part # for stainless?
Thanks for your time

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is what I found poking around.
Hedman # 68198 (Made in USA)
Hooker # 2118
Doug Thorley # THY 313-C
Dougs # D313
Patriot # H8024-1
Now there are others ,however these seem to be better quality than others. I checked all over and the only ones that say Made in USA are the Hedmans! Is that true???

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for all the input,lots of good recommendations. I was a little shocked that all the ones I found only the Hedman were made in USA. I know the ACP (Stah)l,Lemmons,and American racing are, and a little more than this car will need. The Coated Hedman as others have stated looks like a good option. Hedman also makes a stainless version #62190,however as soon as you put Power steering as an option it only suggests the # 68198???

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Can anyone confirm that these headers are all made off shore. No where does it say made in USA??
Dougs
Patriots
Doug Thorley

1 - 5 of 5 Posts