Team Chevelle banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
There really not a good idea for a street car. They heat the engine compartment and cab up pretty good. Then they hang down and you'll be worrying about them dragging. The big block exhaust manifolds are pretty decent manifolds. I would get a new 2-1/2" exhaust system with a pair of Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers I like the #17749 muffler. They flow as well as most glass packs but sound so much better..

Back in the early seventies, I bought the whole system from Douglass exhaust systems. It came with specially made headers, mandrill bent pipes, Custom mufflers called Douglass SS. This system sounded so nice on my 66 GTO. It had a 421, with trip Holley's , and a Nunzi 2041 cam. Th-400, 3:08 12 bolt. That car was one of the most coolest cars I ever had or saw.. It was deep Plum (Chevelle color), black interior, ET Mag wheels.

At the drag strip one day I was talking with some of the guys about better handling, how could I get it to handle better. This old timer said take the upper control arms off and swap them from side to side. This put the car into positive caster. I had it set for 8 drivers side, 8.5 Passenger side. WOW what a difference. The steering wheel was rock steady at 120 mph!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts