·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only difference between the two is the valve spring lift. Which one would you guys go with for a hydralic roller?

·
Registered
567 Posts
The only difference between the two is the valve spring lift. Which one would you guys go with for a hydralic roller?
I think the one with .700 lifts springs is for a solid roller. Can you got about .625 lift with the hy roller springs, it says .600 max

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
I think the one with .700 lifts springs is for a solid roller.

From Brodix...
P/N 2061001 Valve Springs: 1.550'' dia. Roller valve spring, 240 lb. closed, 550 lb. open, 1.950'' installed height, .700'' maximum lift

I'm wondering how much these heads can be milled to reduce the combustion chamber size??

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
wow, that price almost makes me wanna build a bbc.

it would behoove anyone thinking about bbc heads to pick up a pair. they are PROVEN

·
Gold Founding Member
5,867 Posts
The intake valves are 2.25. Do you think they might be too much for a little 427 with Lunati 60203 cam? Either these or the AFR 265s.
Just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
567 Posts
For another 1200 you can have the AFR 290's :p j/k that's an awesome deal! If I hadn't already bought my heads, I'd HEAVILY consider a pair of these. Definitely proven heads. Take the savings and have a fogger installed :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"You realize thats the single head"

Yep, so much for that all "tinglee" feel.
If you do the math it's almost $500 off the regular price when you buy a pair.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Everybody talks about how expensive it is to build a BBC. That's BS. To build a SBC capable of producing the BBC torque and power of these heads on a 496/505 is going to mean an aftermarket block and more expensive heads, more compression and more RPM.

It's hard to beat the cheap(er) power of a BBC.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
From Brodix...
P/N 2061001 Valve Springs: 1.550'' dia. Roller valve spring, 240 lb. closed, 550 lb. open, 1.950'' installed height, .700'' maximum lift

I'm wondering how much these heads can be milled to reduce the combustion chamber size??
You can run more than .700 lift. Maybe Mike Lewis will chime in. I was running .714/734 lift on mine with the recommended springs. Mark Jones is working my heads down. Not sure how much if any he is milling them though. Once I find out I will let you know. Regardless, they are $500 cheaper than the regular price. That is a hell of a deal. :yes:

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
You can run more than .700 lift. Maybe Mike Lewis will chime in. I was running .714/734 lift on mine with the recommended springs.
That would be .700" NET...don't forget to subtract the lash.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts