Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting a 502 together for mostly street driving. I see there are a number of different rod/main bearings available at many different prices. Does anyone have any good recommendations?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
The very best high performance bearings available are Clevite 'H' series.

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
The machine shop I had my engine work done at recommended Clevite 77, so that's what I bought. Don't know if that's good or bad though :confused:

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Just pulled the nearly 5 year old Clevite 77 CB743H rod and MS829H main bearings out of the 540.
Thousands of street miles and at least 100+ track runs...Still look brand new! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
if your looking for cheap- summit racing have there house brand thats bi-metal for about 15 bucks for mains and 17 i think for rods. i have used them several times thru engine builds, my latest set is for a stocker sbc 12.95 for rods and mains each under 26 bucks i got bearings.

the way i see it. if you have proper clearences and run clean oil thru your motor, any bearing should last. one chunk of anything can destroy any bearing no matter how good they are, cheap or high dollar bearings will be ruined.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've heard great things about King Bearings. If you go to some other sites where the guys are making BIG power, like yellow bullet, it seems that everyone swears by them. Priced nice too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.