Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering. I have a 67'283/pg and going to install a 402 BB and need the BB power steering bracket. The small block looks the same as the BB bracket. I have heard from year one that to BB bracket has been discontinued. can I use the SB bracket?
Thanks in Advance
John Corbin

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I have heard that G.M. still sells the truck
power steering brackets. I think they are based mid-70's . I might be wrong but I thought I read that somewhere.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am just putting the finishing touches on the very same project. On the 67, the power steering unit utilizes a remote resevoir. There seems to be a few of these units and all brackets around. I found mine through this website. I found nothing from the small block useful on my 454, save the water pump pulley. Good luck

·
Registered
367 Posts
The p/s pump in my '67 is a round shape as opposed to the 'newer' "teardrop" shape pump. Hooking it up to the 454 looked like it was going to be a difficult task. GM looked it up and found that the bracket from a '73 truck would work, and it did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.