Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...they have been making these repo. MM towers now for a while. now that I got he big block out again Im wondering if I blow the money on em. whatta you guys think???? Ive been running the BB on the SB towers for years now with no problems. Im thinking the only thing it would throw off would be the Yoke to Pinion angle for the U joints. I wasnt ever worried about the pinion angle because I never felt vibration and only had 50 bucks into the tranny. now that im putting in a $3k Viper T-56 Im a lot more worried about the angles. I know the 120 bucks for the tower mounts doesnt seem like much, but I am on a serious budget now. the tranny came through a trade for my beater chevelle. sorry to go off on such a huge rant guys.

------------------
Justin McIver
Sacramento CA
66-454-th350

·
Premium Member
19,960 Posts
If you've been running the same frame mounts I wouldn't worry about it. In my GM P&A catalog, for frame mounts in 64-67 sbc Chevelles (#3840755/756), they recommend that when replacing the engine mounts to replace the frame mounts as well with the part number (#3872815/816) shown for the bbc. I have the details at http://www.bull-enterprises.com/dalesplace/team67/groups/group.000/engine_mount_details.htm .

Having said that, with $3K invested in a new tranny, maybe it's worth the $120 for peace of mind if nothing else

------------------
Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67SS & 67 Elky
Dale's Place
Team 67
Integrity: If you have it, it doesn't matter - If you don't have it, it doesn't matter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.