a few months ago, i was driving my '66 and i noticed whenever i went about 4000rpms or so, the engine would start to backfire. when i got home i noticed that the RED wire from my alternator had detaced itself. i put it back on and the car seemed to fun fine, but it still ran crappy at high rpms and the GEN lite stay'ed on in the dash. i went to kragen, bought a new battery, volt. regulator, and 55amp alternator. the GEN lite still stays on and the battery wont charge. it drives great once its actually started, but i've been having to charge the battery manually with my charger every 3days or so. has anyone had this happen before? its really an inconvienece to me, what do you think needs to be replaced?