Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son left the lights on in his chevelle the other day. He jumped the battery using his girlfriends VW Jetta and hooked up the jumper cables backward. Now-- his radio no longer works and the battery would not turn the car over. I went to Sears and bought a new "Die Hard" battery and installed it and the car started right up (but still no radio). The next morning the car was dead again. I re-charged battery and it started up ok the next day. This morning the battery was dead again. Any thoughts on what is draining the battery? I ran a electrical test on the alternator and it is fine. Thanks guys

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
A chance that you did some damage to some diodes. Try the test light trick some of the guys use. With a charged battery and everything off in the car: Disconnect the positive cable and put a test light between the cable and the battery terminal. See what it takes to get the tester not to light up. Guessing that disconnecting the radio plug and the alternator wires will make the light go out and show you where the battery drain is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts