Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered I have a broken terminal clamp on the positive cable. I'd like to buy some new cables. I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to get some? Should I visit my local GM parts supplier? Any good ones through Summit?

Also, the positive cable has another small lead that goes to somewhere(?) . Can I get a positive cable with that setup, or should I pigtail in a seperate lead?

It'd be nice to keep it somewhat original and looking neat.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
You can buy a positive cable with that pigtail lead already attached. It goes to a small block behind the battery. Thought Paddock carried some original looking ones but since I'm not restoration correct I just go to the auto parts store.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Since it doesn't appear you are real concerned about being original, I go to the welding supply store and by 00 welding cable and brass ends and solder up my own. Way more conductive than than conventional battery cables and you can custom build cables exactly the length you want for custom routing, real clean look.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by John_Muha:
You can buy a positive cable with that pigtail lead already attached. It goes to a small block behind the battery.
No, it's a big block... LOL ;) (sorry, had to do it...)

Thanks guys! I'll check out those options.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.