Team Chevelle banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys , was wondering what the value of a 68 ss conv. true 138 with title , no options but ps ? It has the buckets , no rear seat , no rear arm rest panels , no rear qtr. glasses , no stainless around windshield , few holes in the trunk , floors , and average body rust on fenders/qtrs. and all , has a 68 396 complete motor to rebuild , has tach dash , no 12 bolt(10) , teal blue car/blk. int. , good solid conv. frame , 400 tranny , and comes with a rough ole ss coupe 138 no title factory red car , no buckets , tach , rear end , and rear seat . Everything else is there to the coupe including air cond. and vin/trim tags on both cars . Conv. is all apart and the last time I saw a 68 138 conv. sell ....it was in the bargain mart for $14,000 firewall back , no motor trans , and avg. ole body .....sold for $14,000 ......guy said the 68 ss conv. production #'s were real low . I can't remember the last time I actually saw a true 68 ss conv. that needed restoring sell around here . Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks , Richard

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
The firewall will be different between the cars. Typically you can find a 68 vert on Ebay every couple of weeks including SS396s One in driver condition in blue was just on there. I would not rob from the coupe just because of no title. Titles can be gotten. 68's don't command the values other years do so I my guess with no pics would be no more than 10-12k for the pair. The cost to do them right will be a money losing propsition but a lot of us don't worry about that. Don't spend more than you think is reasonable :) Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts