Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
The ad also suggests this car started life with an LS-6 that Baldwin turned into 650 hp. One look at the intake reveals this to be an oval port head engine, which is in keeping with an LS-5 which was the only verified 454 available in 71. Initial impression is of a very expensive clone.[/quot HI , I KNOW FOR YEARS THEY HAVE SAID NO 71 LS6 CHEVELLES WERE SOLD. I SAW ONE PERSONALLY IN SEPTEMBER 1972 AND IT WAS A CONVERTIBLE FOR SALE 1/2 A MILE FROM WHERE I LIVED. A LOSEY $2200. I WATCHED PINKS A WHILE AGO AND A GUY STATED FROM TEXAS THAT HE HAD A REAL FACTORY LS6 71 CHEVELLE. IVE TRIED CALLING HIS PHONE # BUT NO ANSWER. IVE ALSO SEENA REAL 70 CHEVELLE L78 WITH FACTORY AIR CONDITIONING, ORIGINAL OWNER, BUILD SHEET, ORDER SHEET AND WINDOW STICKER. THE ORDER FORM ACTUALLY IN BIG WORDS SAID"NO WARRANTY ON A/C RELATED PARTS" IM IN CANADA AND WE HAVE THE BENEFIT OF GM CANADA PAPERWORK. ANYONE WANTS TO TALK IN PERSON MY E MAIL IS [email protected] IVE OWNED A 68 427 IMPALA L72 CONVERTIBLE AND IN 1974 A REAL 70 LS6 CHEVELLE CONVERTIBLE. I OWN 2 REAL HEMI CARS NOW THNX..BOB

·
Registered
70 Posts
Odds are its fake. Joel Rosen ( owner of Motion) kept the records of anything he touched and will verify its authenticity for 1-2k. If I had a Motion car that I wanted 165k for I sure would have had it authenticated. No Rosen paperwork means its probably fake.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
This thread is so old I'm trying to remember the car. I believe it was painted like mine (Mulsanne Blue w/ White stripes)??

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I think it was this car.
I inquired about it when it was on ebay listed by a dealer in NY.
It was built by Motion but not as a new car.

The Motion paperwork was dated 1978 (or about) and it had mostly engine modifications and bolt ons.

It is a cool car but not really a day one Motion car so I don't think they got close to the 165K asking price.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Yeah that's the one I was thinking of. Looks identical to mine except mine has White top instead of Black (Oh yeah and I paid about $145,000 less!!!)

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Mike, and I thought we hit the jackpot. You mean people aren't paying $165,000 for big block 71 SS cars yet?

·
Premium Member
28,743 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
50-60K ???

Whats up with the twin door jab switches?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This Was my dads car for many many years I actually raced this at English town NJ many years ago! My older brother installed an alarm on this car , hence the key holes on the side of the fender. Original paint. Orig tires Anyone know if this car has been sold again? This car has so many memories that I will never forget.

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
Awesome. Maybe someone knows were the car is now.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts