Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 68 chevelle with a 350 and borg warner 4 speed. I have a 10 bolt open rear with hotchkis uper and lower trailing arms as well as hotchkis sway bar and uper to lower trailing arm braces. I thought by putting all of those parts in would atleast reduce the wheel hop but it is still bad. Will putting a posi help with the wheel hop at all? I know it will def help with performance so as soon as i get the money i am putting one in, i just would like to know if my problem lies somewhere else with the wheel hop.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Normally switching from a peg leg rear to a posi will like aggravate the problem. You really need to look at your pinion angle and make sure its not creating the problem. If you have air shocks try putting on a set of smaller tires, lower the rear and give it a test..... Wheel hop is hard on about everything in the car....Good Luck

·
Premium Member
7,945 Posts
No actually it doesnt sit that high, its lowerd just to the point that the tiers wont rub the fenders. Im hopping that putting a posi in will take care of the problem.
That still sounds too high. Looks at a picture of the way these things came stock in the rear with the little tires and alot of rubber up in the fenders. i had the same problem as you, posi made it worse. It did not happen until I put a manual trans in. Lowering it an inch is all it took!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts