Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some help with a vibration problem. 69ss 461 4 speed. i had to make a panic stop last year and down shifted in the process, as my luck seems to go i missed the gear. now i get this strong rattle sound out of the shifter that gets worse with rpm. if i grab the shifter and move it a bit the noise lessens. in addition the gear shifter vibrates like hell. i have a muncie, but i don't know which one. any advice?? john

------------------

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually it vibrates in all gears, it's just that by the time i get up to 4,000 rpm i'm on the e-way going 80 or so. seems to be intermitant. i going to check for loose stuff. and the shifter linkage adjustment??
thanks john

·
Registered
705 Posts
If it doesn't chatter when you come out of 1st then you can rule out the bent clutch disk. Make sure the shifter bolts that are bolted to the trans are tight. Use lock tight. I had too, the dam bolts kept coming loose. I even tried a star washer and lock washers at two different tests.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.