Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the back-up light wire comes out of the wire harness going to the reverse switch for a '66 Elky with a 4 speed?

------------------
66 El Camino 350 4 speed
68 Nova 454 4speed

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
elkenova,
Should be a light green and a dark green wire under the dash from the main harness that has a rubber fitting that mounts in the hole in the firewall, it has a two prong male end and mounts in a hole that is approx the size of a dime that is above and to the left of the steering column as you face the engine compartment, the switch has the other end of the harness mounted to it, and attaches to the side of the transmission, the rubber end from the harness plugs into the hole from the inside like I said, and the switch runs from the tranny up the front of the firewall and plugs in to the rubber connector with the male ends, just a note though, the part with the rubber connector will unplug from the main harness has a plastic connector in a L shape, I guess my point is if that part is missing just look for the light and dark green wires up under the dash. Hope this helps some.

Rocky Hill

------------------
A Man And His Chevelle!
It's A Beautiful Thing.

My66SS

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rocky.I have seen the end of the connector you mentoned.I checked out the link of your car,Nice Ride!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts