Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess that as a hardcore gearhead,once these cars get in your blood,it never goes away. Sold my 69 El Camino protourer in March 2007 due to an impending divorce (35yr marriage) so as you can imagine,the emotional & financial hit was a heavy one.
After weathering that storm,I got back into custom bikes,trikes,and even found time for another ZR-1 Corvette. Since my new bride wasn't real fond of Corvettes (don't ask me why),my love for these cars eventually re-emerged so here we go,,again.

I'm in the process of purchasing a very nice 66 El Camino,at the moment. I retired from PPG Industries (Glass Division) a year ago,after almost 42yrs of service, so I'm looking forward to riding my custom H-D Street Glide trike and cruising in my Elky.
Glad to be back and looking forward to hanging out here at T/C.

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Clint - Welcome back, yes I often tell my friends divorce can be one of the most challenging things for someone to go through. I share the scar. That being said, I share your appreciation of all things motored! In the wind friend!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Welcome back Clint! I am in the early years of my marriage(5yrs) and one of my fears is the divorce and forced to sell my 71. One of my older friends is going through this now and he has young kids, its taking a toll on him. Good to hear you made it through and you came back.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Welcome back, Clint....:waving:

·
Premium Member
12,730 Posts
Welcome back Clint. It's always nice to see one get back into classic cars.

Hey Ron. Tell Dean to knock that number back to 77,999.

Reactions: 70SSTHUMPER

·
Registered
499 Posts
women come and women go, but your car will always be in your heart

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Welcome back Clint. It's always nice to see one get back into classic cars.

Hey Ron. Tell Dean to knock that number back to 77,999.

It's a surge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts