Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm redoing the entire interior of my car. Removed everthing and then had a friend patch some of the floor board panels and the firewall. It's now down to bare metal and I'm considering one of the new overlays before I put the stock interior back in. I found a product that seems very appropriate as it has thermal and sound barrier characteristics. It's called B-Quiet. It has an aluminum sheet on top and a thick sticky rubber/asphalt compound. When you peel the paper off the back it sticks like...well, glue. I tried one of their samples and it seems to work great. Only consideration would be odor from the asphalt content if the car sits in the heat too long. Anyone have any experience with this stuff?

·
Registered
64 Posts
There was a discussion on protouring.com about B-Quiet a while back and the one thing that stood out among the people that used it was the lack off odor compared to Dynomat. Ive used the Brown Bread and even while heat-gunning in place there was no odor.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks mucho for all the good info. I think I'll be okay with B-Quiet. It's around half the price of Dynamat but more expensive than some of the other solutions. I mostly liked the all-in-one property of just peeling off the backing, putting it in place and rolling it flat. I'm only looking at doing the inside, but the door panels will get the treatment too, as will the rear seat-trunk divider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts