Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Mike, I went and pulled a few old titles out, the oldest titles don't have the year first registered. I have some recent titles that both show the first month of the year as the date first registered. I have a title for a 1975 Honda motor cylce that I know came from out of state and that shows 2/75 as the date first registered. I got a car a few months ago that I know came from CA, the previous owner had to file for a bonded title, the date on the title first registered show 00/000. There are previous title numbers on all but the bonded title. I know the AZ DMV keeps records for more than 7 years because I had to get a bonded title for a 1967 El Camino last year and when I went to the DMV they pulled up 1984 as the last time the vehicle was registered.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Mike, I can only assume that. After looking at the titles it does not make ryme or reason. The old titles look different than the new titles. I do know that when they do a title search they call Phoenix, they have some kind of records there that go way back. When I had to get a bonded title they could not pull up anything on the computer and they called Phoenix, a few minutes later they called the local DMV and said the vehicle was last registered in 1984 and gave me the address of the owner that was on the title.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.