Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a copy of the title issued to the owner before me. Under the space "MO/YR First Registered", it says 01/67. Does that mean that that is when it was originally registered in ARIZONA, or does that just mean that that is when it was originally registered without regard to a specific state?

Like I mentioned in my previous post, the 1/67 date is also mentioned on the "APPLICATION FOR ARIZONA CERTIFICATE OF TITLE AND REGISTRATION" from 1985, although the box that the 1/67 is in only says MO/YR. It doesn't say anything about "originally registered".

Thanks again!

Mike

·
Registered
492 Posts
Mike, I went and pulled a few old titles out, the oldest titles don't have the year first registered. I have some recent titles that both show the first month of the year as the date first registered. I have a title for a 1975 Honda motor cylce that I know came from out of state and that shows 2/75 as the date first registered. I got a car a few months ago that I know came from CA, the previous owner had to file for a bonded title, the date on the title first registered show 00/000. There are previous title numbers on all but the bonded title. I know the AZ DMV keeps records for more than 7 years because I had to get a bonded title for a 1967 El Camino last year and when I went to the DMV they pulled up 1984 as the last time the vehicle was registered.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Mike, I can only assume that. After looking at the titles it does not make ryme or reason. The old titles look different than the new titles. I do know that when they do a title search they call Phoenix, they have some kind of records there that go way back. When I had to get a bonded title they could not pull up anything on the computer and they called Phoenix, a few minutes later they called the local DMV and said the vehicle was last registered in 1984 and gave me the address of the owner that was on the title.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
I was the first to register/title my car in Arizona after having purchased it in Oklahoma. That was in '78. On the AZ title, it has a box titled YR 1ST REG (Year first registered) and had 1968 in that box. Also, at the bottom of the title, it has boxes for info about the previous title (Number, State, and date). Mine has "Okla" (for Oklahoma).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.