Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find the answer to this auto trivia question for months off and on. Can anyone help? Try your answer
at: www.autotrivia.com/cgi-shl/60sa.pl
first; I've tried all the obvious.

The question:

This 1967, 396 horsepower muscle
car displayed the 'Super Sport'
script on its rear fender?

[This message has been edited by kevinjustice (edited 06-01-99).]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hmmm. Please post the correct answer when it comes up.

I don't find any Chevrolet engines with that horsepower rating for 1967. Could the questioner have confused the 396ci block with the horsepower rating?

------------------

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I think it's an error.

While trying to work my way thru other questions, I did find 1 other mistake.

They ask what the original batmobile was based on. It was based on a Lincoln, and the answer is 'cadillac'

Kurt

·
Registered
777 Posts
I agree with Tom and Kurt. They are actually referring to displacement.
Fred

·
Registered
10 Posts
guys,
this looks some kind of stupid trick to me. that is not a 67 caddy anyway.I own a 67 fleetwood,looks nothing like it.picture is a 59 I belive.in 67 only cad engine was 429cube

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think the trivia answer is either the Nova or the Impala.
The original batmobile was based on a 1958
T-Bird

G

·
Byfield, The original "Batmobile " was a Thunderbird (58)...........but they used a Lincoln in "Animal House" to make their parade entry vehicle

[This message has been edited by Jim (edited 06-05-99).]

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
The original (TV) Batmobile was customized by George Barris and was built from a (56?) Lincoln. I think the model was Premier. If you find a picture of one, check the shape of the headlight eyebrows as they extend inboard to form little scoops just in front of the hood.
Rich

[This message has been edited by RT (edited 06-05-99).]

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
G

·
Wow, A long time ago I was told the car was a 58 Thunderbird, until now I thought that to be true.............I visited the above sites, Now I know more than I ever thought possible about the "Batmobile" ..........Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,938 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Isn't that .wav file from Ferris Bueller's Day Off? So what was that little red convertible they were driving? I didn't think it was a Chevy or even American made.

------------------
Whee (or sometimes Mike)
'70 Malibu
http://www.infinet.com/~whee/docs/chevelle/index.html

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.