Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has installed recently an Autometer
3 3/8 in-dash mechanical 120MPH Speedometer that can let me know which Autometer ref# speedo cable should I use? The Autometer use a cable with a nut type so the one in the car can't be use!!
Any help will be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Hey Carlos, I just finished my custom dash recently and ran into the same problem. I took the easy (and cheap) way out. I grinded some of the threads off the gauge so the stock speedo cable could be pushed on. The knurled threads hold it in place. Just make sure if you DO this to take a little off at a time. It worked for me!!!
Brian

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
That meter uses a .104" square drive tip and is secured with a 5/8" - 18 NF - 3A threaded nut. Think you have a later Chevelle with a push in cable. Think these guys sell an adapter. I don't know what they cost. If you buy one, be sure it to ask them if it will work with the Autometer.
http://www.tflx.com/PDF/S012.pdf

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both!!!
Will try first to get the adapter so I can keep the thread in good shape. If for any they don't work t hem I'll go with the grinder.
Question:
Does I'll need to do any calibration??? Or will go fine just with the installation??
regards

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Hey guys, digging up an old post here.

I have to replace my speedometer cable anyway (TH350) and I have an Auto Meter speedo I just bought. Is there on the shelf speedometer cable at "AutoZone" I could use instead?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts