Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm going to be converting my column shift to floor shift in my 68 chevelle. The two shifters I'm looking at are the Quick Silver and the Mega Shifter. I'm leaning towards the mega shifter but my question is for a console should I use an automatic or manual console. Anybody made this conversion and if so what did you go with?

Thanks in advance for any info.

ronb116

·
Registered
14,615 Posts
if your talking about using a stock console, the 4 speed console has the hole for the shifter in the front, the automatic is in the middle. I was going to do the swap with the 4 speed console, but it puts the shifter too far forward. you really neeed the auto top plate. The console bases are the same, so you just need the top plate for the automatic. Jim

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
I agree with Jim, use the auto console. The 4 speed would be too far forward for the auto shifter to be comfortable. Not sure if the 2 shifters you like will fit in the hole with the full base though. I am using the B&M pro ratchet and just took the auto indicator off the plate. Didn't want to modify anything so I could go back to stock someday. Another option I have seen folks do is make a complete custom top plate that fit their choice of shifter. Might dig around the tranny forum and the performance forum using the search function to see if there are any pics out there. Good Luck :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.