Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my orig intent was to keep the col shift with my bench seat (69) with the way the hooker/ls conversion headers tuck up, i could'nt use the orig setup, so i used a shiftworks single rod setup-even at its slowest ratio, it doesnt match the orig ratio, so it is kind of funky trying to shift halfway fast-i might switch to some sort of floor shift, but anything out there is way to close to the dash, if you install it so the seat has its full adjustment-i looked at the lokar setup, with a bent handle, but not sure if it has detents when shifting (i dont race anymore, but like to hit a track rental now and then) seems something with a longer bent handle like the 4 spds had would be ideal-i even thought of making my own handle, cut it out of alumn., polish it-its got to look right, wonder what others are using

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
I use a B&M Quicksilver with a bench seat. Will get some pics later today and post them. Easy install, works well w/ bench seat. I do have to lean forward just a bit with the seat in full rearward position when racing to row the gears - or at least I did have to before redoing the seats with new foam and repairing the broken springs. But for the most part, I can just reach down and grab the shifter as needed.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Shifter is B&M Quicksilver.

Shifter is in the neutral position here (motor is out of the car).
Hey thats the same shifter I'm installing and with a bench seat as well.

Not to hi-jack..but did you mount the shifter directly to the hump or did you use a 4 speed hump tunnel? Can't tell by the picture..

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
I've got a Megashifter in about the same position as the Quicksilver in the picture. It's slight reach, but not bad and worth it to have some seat travel. It's right on the hump, with the plastic console cut to fit.

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
Mine is right on the hump. I mounted small bolts installed from underneath and retained with a nut on the top (ends up like studs sticking up. The right rear bolt has to be installed just slightly loose to get it in there, but it pulls dowe nicely when tightened. I did install some extra padding under the carpet right behind the shifter to fill it out a little, nothing major, you will see when you do it. Overall, pretty easy deal.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Mine is right on the hump. I mounted small bolts installed from underneath and retained with a nut on the top (ends up like studs sticking up.
That's exactly what I did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts