Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the DEVIL of a time finding the column shift linkage for a 72 Chevelle TH350. The previous owner had a floor shifter but took the shifter. I want to restore the column shifter. I need the part that hooks to tranny and the frame. I have the drop down from the column. any ideas?....thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ...as it turns out...the dropdown piece I have is too short I think. I need the whole kit n kaboodle. I built a 72 Chevelle about 15 years ago...and had NO trouble finding parts....now.....dang, just about impossible. I have the drive train complete short of the linkage..... I am AMAZED that none of the Chevelle catalogs carry these parts.

Scott

·
Gold Founding Member
1970 Chevelle Convertible & 1965 Chevelle SS Convertible
1,284 Posts
Scott,

Try True Connections - they have used parts as well - (909) 688-6040. Also pick up a copy of Hemmings news - there are lots of salvage yard and parts advertisements there.

Also browse the parts section here - you my find people parting out cars - you can e-mail them to see if they have that part.

One last thing - do a post in the wanted section - someone will probably e-mail you.

I have been able to locate lots of things thru the above.

Good Luck

Rich

------------------
70 SS - L34
Member # 442
www.chevelles.com/showroom/richr1

http://www.my70ss.com

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Scott, checked my parts car - it does have the cross shaft, down rod, even the little bracket that bolts to the frame if you need it. 2 possibly minor problems - the spring and nylon bushing are missing (probably fell off in transit as motor and trans were gone - should be available from GM as these are common to newer cars) and this car had a powerglide. I suspect they will work with a T350 but don't know for sure. Someone who has switched trannies could tell you for sure. Let me know if this helps. Jim.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jim..YES..thats EXACTLY what I need. Let me know how much you want for them and I'll send you a money order.....thanks!!!!!!

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.