Team Chevelle banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
My brother is looking at trying Autolite plugs in his small block. Does anybody have any feedback on Autolite plugs?

Cheers!
I ran their AR 3924 plugs in my AFR heads.
No issues.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
One of the best plugs going. Get them on e-Bay, make sure you get the ones that say "Made in the USA"...

They also made tungsten points sets. I get 25,000 miles out of one set of those points. Keep the plug gaps .030 or lower. Chevy heads flow so well, that you don't need extra wide gaps anyhow.

·
Super Moderator
13,493 Posts
They are good plugs. Lot of counterfeits out there right now. I would probably buy them at a local parts store like NAPA, Carquest etc. Better chance of getting the real thing.

·
Banned
1 Posts
One of my parts vendors is pushing the line of autolite flash attachments of late. In the past we have utilized unique hardware connects every one of the motors we remake. We incline in the direction of champion for a ton of them too. For the last month we have been getting autolite plugs thus far no issue except for im intrigued by what other say about autolite flash attachments by fram.

Tutuapp 9Apps

·
Registered
1980 Chevy El Camino
138 Posts
Real world comparison for ya. I had a chevy 408 big block that was just a bit built up with good compression and a comp 270 magnum cam. I ran AC delco in it but wanted to do a back to back test. I put in brand new AC delcos and drove it, then put in the equivalent Autolites at the same gap. I immediately noticed a smoother idle and the car just seemed to over all perform better. YMMV

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
I dont run iridium or any of the 100K plugs in the Chevelle ( platinum etc) . Copper only. Aint a 100K application.

PS challenge anyone to find a US made Autolite plug.

·
Registered
727 Posts
NGK

Reactions: 427L88

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
and even some of the NGKs are chnese made I go believe. But its my go to brand anymore.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts