Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone recieved an offer for Auto Restorer newsletter in the mail? It costs $19 per year and promises to be the answer to an enthusiasts prayers. I recieve seven magazines now plus all the stuff that GM sends to our dealership, but would be willing to sign up for this if I thought it would be of some good. Any responses appreciated. SSuper Dave

------------------

·
Registered
38 Posts
I used to recieve it. It's ok but alot of the tech info is the same stuff you will get from any of the cars mags at the news stands. It does cover old cars that are not necesarily muscle cars. On that point it's not bad. It is a small mag. though. I no longer take it.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I totally agree with BILLSS. It covers many different cars, but not enough of the ones I am necessarily interested in. I'm no longer a subscriber because of that. Tony.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I agree with Bill it is a small pamplet and it doesn't really hit on the muscle cars to much. I no longer recieve it because of this reason also.
Jeff

·
Registered
622 Posts
I still get it, and it IS more technical and aimed at lots of old cars of all types; 20s, 30s, up to about 70s. Interesting if your interests are not only Chevy Muscle.
I get it for variety.It does cover lots of rebuilds like water pumps, fuel pumps, and other parts most commonly replaced.Lots of detail.

------------------

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
A few years ago they changed their format from a magazine to more of a newsletter. They got rid of the nice color photography, as well as all the advertisements. I still get it, but will probably let the subscription run out because its pretty dull these days.

------------------
Rainer
'68 SS396
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.