1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I'd be most concerned over the electronic module. On a GM there are cheap (maybe not good) modules available everywhere. Can you get parts for this locally if you need them? That's my only point..been stuck on the road before.

·
Gold Founding Member
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by LeoP:
Why not send your points dist to Ignitionman? www.davessmallbodyheis.com and get it converted.
That is still a possibility. I do have a "spare" distributor I could send him, price is $185.00, he completely rebuilds it (new bushing, etc.) and sets it up for the specific engine. My problem is I don't know what cam is in the engine. Later this spring I am going to pull a valve cover and dial the pushrods to see if I can at least get the duration and lift.

·
Gold Founding Member
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which email from Dave?? I did get a reply from one of the sellers they said parts availability is not a problem since they use GM replacement parts. So it thats the case why not just get a GM unit? I think I'll find a cheap used GM one for now and then have Dave do a conversion when I have a better idea what I have for a cam in the engine. Any thing has to be better than the stock points setup, I'm floating them out at about 5400 now. Thanks Patrick

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Dave might be banned from posting but he still gets to read the forums. Once in awhile I get an email from him. I passed his opinion on for him. Any further details talk to him. I kinda have to watch what I say because it may be taken by some as supplier bashing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts