Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been In this car game a long time. I have use almost all the major restoration part suppliers through the years. Being $ conscious. shipping has always been a issue with BIG items. 1/4's, fenders etc.
I ordered a LH 1/4 skin and two RH floor pans and a outer wheel house. Ausley' s brought them to GM Carlisle ( I saved shipping and PA 6% tax :hurray: )
I had a RH 1/4 skin from one of my other 64/65 projects, so I started on that side first. got trunk in did the floor pans then ripped it off the frame and put on a body cart. installed the RH side 1/4 . I went to install the drivers side after prepping the area I pulled it out of the Goodmark Box and YIKKES it was not a LH side but a RH side ..... DId I have a gray moment and order the wrong side :confused: Back to the file cabinet and went through the invoices,, Ausley's order was for a Left Hand 64/64 1/4 skinn.

So it was not my fault but it's been two months. a Phone call to them at first was meet with bring it to Fall Carlisle and we'll exchange it :sad:

WOW that's 6 weeks away.. I replied I was hopeing to have the bady back on the frame and ready for finial Paint by then .
Ask Roger if there is anything he can do for YOUR mistake ?

Much to my surprise, he came back on the phone and reconfirmed MY shipping address and said one will go out tomorrow :hurray:
I asked about a call tag ( return shipping for the wrong one ?) he responded it was not feasible to add another truck shipping for that 1/4.

Well I am going to Fall Carlisle and I told him in all fairness Ill return the wrong one then. :)

I am sorry for the long post BUT when a Co. corrects a mistake and has to bite the bullet for truck shipping . I give credit where credit is DO:beers: I meet roger a few time back in the old NCOA days and have to say he is a STAND up GUY then and this actions re confirms my opinion

· Registered
7,309 Posts
Roger is a good guy. End of story. He has helped me many of times and always takes time to just talk to me at Carlisle

· Premium Member
4,679 Posts
I've been buying parts from Ausley every year for the last 7 years. Roger has always treated me like he wanted to keep me as his customer, and I am. He brings my orders to the spring or fall shows at Moultrie, Ga, saving shipping costs, plus I get to inspect for damage on-the-spot. Great folks to buy from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.