·
Administrator
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle Tire

It was a close one but congratulations to July's winner: MaLiBu

Good luck with this month's entries!

Please follow all instructions posted below:
1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.

2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*

3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included

4. Include a short description of your favorite aspect of your vehicle, or your favorite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*

5. Votes for the month's winner will be tallied by the number of "Like" your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.

7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second vehicle that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

~Community Management Team

* These are optional but encouraged

·
Premium Member
18,991 Posts
Nice ! In 2018 Toyota Inferno to boot! I jest yet my kid's Toyo truck is in inferno, GREAT COLOR!

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
11,012 Posts
That color with the black stripes looks Great, Beautiful Chevelle (y) (y):)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive air manifold Hood
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

My 1967 Chevelle 300 deluxe

Modifications to the car are as follows:
Baer brakes front & rear
Hotchkiss tubular upper control arms front
Hotchkiss adjustable upper arms rear
Hotchkiss Lower arms rear
1 1/4" front sway bar - no rear bar
275/40-17 all 4 corners

5.7L Ls engine swap with 4L60e automatic
12 bolt rear w/ 3.55 posi
coil covers were items that Jeff had left over from his years at Car Craft (dec 12 2004 cover shot engine and car)

The favorite aspect of this vehicle is its backstory. Originally it was owned by a friend of mine, Mr. Tim Moore who passed away unexpected about 6 years ago, prior to his passing my friend Jeff Smith, who you may recognize as past editor of magazines such as Car Craft and Hot Rod, had purchased the car because Tim wanted to buy some land near Willow springs raceway. in 2020 Jeff told me he was going to have to sell Tim's Chevelle and my response was "Hell, if you have to sell it, sell it to me"

Jeff and I did the engine and trans swap in his shop, turned it into a couple of articles for "All Chevy Performance". I'm now putting the A/C in the car but the best thing about it is the links it has to friends past and present.

·
Registered
35 Posts

It was a close one but congratulations to July's winner: MaLiBu

Good luck with this month's entries!

Please follow all instructions posted below:
1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.

2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*

3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included

4. Include a short description of your favorite aspect of your vehicle, or your favorite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*

5. Votes for the month's winner will be tallied by the number of "Like" your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.

7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second vehicle that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

~Community Management Team

* These are optional but encouraged
Got it in 91 ... mini tub ... 2" cowl hood .. power windows locks LS 1 swap

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
Here is my 70 SS 454. It has a 454, M22 Rock Crusher trans and a 4.10 gear. I had an almost identical one I bought new in 1970 that was totaled in 1972. Always wanted another one. Found this one at Super Chevy Indy in 1986. My original had the lace stripes painted by a buddy. I had this one repainted about 15 years ago and decided to make it look like my original.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Automotive parking light Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
12 Posts
New here! This is my 1967 chevy Malibu baged as an SS . Color is Electric candy purple 6 coats candy and 4 coats glamour clear. Interior is white. Vin says this car started life as a 6 cylinder sport coupe. When I got it it has a 327ci with a powerglide. After stripping the previous 4 paint jobs off (Car was butternut yellow original) my son and i replaced trunk pans , quarters , rear panel and smoothed out all the remaining body work and did the paint work in my garage over the last 4 years. While the car itself is not really anything special it is to me because of the time I got to spend working on it with my son. Future plans are a bigblock and suspension upgrades but for now we are going to just enjoy it as it is ...thanks for checking it out !

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
View attachment 745752 View attachment 745753 View attachment 745754

My 1967 Chevelle 300 deluxe

I think I remember seeing your (Mr. Moore's) car in a few CC tech articles way back. I've always been a fan of Jeff Smith; I wrote him once about one of his monthly editorials and he ended up mentioning my name in another one. It was one of the biggest thrills of my life (sad, I know). Not long after that, the Power Tour was coming through my town and I was hoping to get to meet him but it didn't happen. Always thought he'd be a cool guy to hang with. Sorry for the loss of your friend; glad you get to have the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
69 El Camino LS1/4L65E, 3:73 12 bolt posi, tubular control arms with adjustable coil overs in front, Classic Auto Air, Dakota Digital VHX gauges, Cruise Control, Scat Elite bucket seats with power drivers side, Custom console,17 inch Ridler rims, Completely built by me.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Auto part Automotive fuel system

Attachments

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Here is mine. Bought in 1980. Currently it is a 1965 Chevelle with the following
Engine - 540 CID BBC with 255/263 hydraulic roller cam, 10.8 to 1 compression, Braswell 1050 CFM carb, Merlin X manifold, Dart 320 aluminum heads, GM bowtie block, Callies 4.25 crank, Crower 6.38 rods
Transmission / Rear - Turbo 400 with Gear Vendors Overdrive 4,000 stall converter and a beefed up 12 bolt 3.73 year (OD make final drive a 2.90).
Body - 3 inch functional cowl induction hood, Indigo blue, with 1980 Grand Prix rear fender lips for more tire clearance. Frame off done in 1999.
Exhaust - Lemons 2 1/8 headers with a full 3.5 inch system out to the rear bumper.
Wheels/Tire/Brakes - Avon 245-60-15 and 295-50-15 on Rambler wheels 15 x 8 and 15 x 9.5 (widened) with 12 inch discs in front and 10.5 inch discs in rear.
Interior - mainly stock with Dakota digital dash and 1969 GTO seats with the side bolsters (black interior).
Suspension - stiffer springs, aftermarket shocks, 1.25 inch sway bar, Global West tubular arms with the late 1970s Impala spindles, rollbar, adjustable rear control arms
Favorite aspect of vehicle - the 540 BBC and the GV overdrive.
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Vehicle Odometer Motor vehicle Light

·
Registered
0 Posts
HELLCO

1969 El Camino SS Pro-Street
All aluminum 615cid, runs on 93 octane pump gas, [email protected], [email protected] on a conservative tune without nitrous
Dart BBC aluminum block w/billet steel mains 4.600 x 4.625, Diamond 8.5 to 1pistons w/Total Seal rings, Callies Ultra I-beams, Callies Magnum crankshaft
Dart Pro1 355CNC heads, S/S intake/inconel exhaust, Nextek springs, Harland Sharp shaft rockers
Bullet Racing custom solid roller camshaft, Brad Miller (BAM) DLC solid bushing lifters
BDS stage 3 billet 14-71 (tweaked by Littlefield), TBS intake, Lightning Racing Carbs/Mark Whitener billet 1250 Dominators x 2, Composite Specialties hat w/K&N filter insert
MSD 6AL-2 Programmable ignition w/crank trigger
NS fogger system set up for 200 shot, partially installed at this time
Boosted Innovations full custom 304 S/S 2.250 into 4.000 inch headers, 304 S/S 4 inch full exhaust after the 4 inch fender dumps with QTP electric cutouts in the fenders
Magnaflow 4 inch mufflers into Borla XR1 Sportsman's 4 inch mufflers (quiet when needed, not so quiet when wanted)

UCC/Lenny's 3800 9.5 inch converter
ATD built TH400
Reid SFI Super Hydra drag case, SFI bell housing and tail housing
ATD billet reverse manual valve body
300M shafts and drums
Borg Warner frictions and Kevlar band
B&M Street Billet shifter
DSS 3.25 carbon fiber driveshaft w/1350's

Global West Drag series control arms w/AFCO double adjustable coil over conversion in the front, 2 inch drop spindles, Flaming River rack and pinion conversion
Chris Alston 4-link back half w/AFCO double adjustable coil overs in the rear, S&W torsion anti-roll bar
GM 12-bolt, 4.10 gears, Strange 35 spline axles and spool
Wilwood Dynalites on the front, Strange low profile disc on the rear

RC Comp wheels in Eclipse Prism finish
Hammer-S series 17d x 4.5w front wheels w/26 x 7 tires
Torx series double bead lock 15d x 16w rear wheels w/33 x 22 tires

I could go on, and on, and on,.... but the list is very long and you get the idea :geek:

Wheel Cloud Sky Tire Car
Land vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Grille

Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Gauge

·
Registered
4 Posts
1970 el camino frame off CPP stage 4 touring suspension all tubular a arms QA1 coil overs up front 13" disc brakes 10" discs in rear with fully adjustable 4 link in rear 3:73 posi with 17" rims and ZR 40's in rear and 50's in front. Engine is a dart 406 scat rotating assembly with 10 1/2 to one comp a howards roller with aluminum 202 heads comp cams rockers with single plane intake and quickfuel ss 850 dp making in the range of 550 hp transferring power a centerforce clutch to a tremik 5 speed interior has vintage a/c dakota digital vhx gauges pioneer stereo exterior shaved drip rails shaved door handles one piece windows for dual bullet mirrors painted gun metal grey with ghosted ss stripes car is a blast to drive handles like a slot car accelerates like a race car and stops on a dime
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 20 of 30 Posts