Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read it on Yahoo's front page. That sound garden fruit wanted to go solo, and all the cool guys are getting together with Del La Rocha to re-unite Rage Against the Machine!

How Long? Not Long!

:cool:

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
liked both groups, they sounded great as rage but a little too preachy sometimes. cornell has a much different sound than del la rocha but still sounded great

·
Registered
18,902 Posts
liked both groups, they sounded great as rage but a little too preachy sometimes. cornell has a much different sound than del la rocha but still sounded great
that "different sound" you speak of is known as "talent" to everyone else.
i always thought it would have been funny if the whiny rapper dude that front Rage would have teamed up with the remains of SoundGarden and went on a co-headlining tour with Audioslave..

Audioslave proved to me that Rage was a talented band that needed a good singer.
last i heard a week or so ago was that Rage was getting back together, but the Audioslave thing was still gonna be together- just like Gwen Stefani going solo and now getting back with No Doubt where she belongs..

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
I like the Rage stuff way better than Audioslave. Funny, I was just talking about them with a co-worker last week, how they went from a kick ash rock band to just another generic alternative rock band. Good to hear they're teaming back up with Zach. :cool:

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
I wish Chris Cornell would stop with this BS.:sad:

Soundgarden was great and he defected to go solo. Rage broke up and Cornell got together with them to start Audioslave since Zach De LaRocha left to do stuff not related to the music business.

Glad I went to that Audioslave concert last year. Good show. Probably wont see them again. I love Rage and always have. Been wanting to see them live for years. Maybe now, I will finally get a chance sometime.:cool:

Tom Morello makes that guitar sound like nobody else can. Was quite cool to see that show live.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I think Yahoo needs a better news "consultant!" Audioslave isn't breaking up! The only reason Rage is getting back together is becasue the head honcho who made Cochella (It's a desert city in CA, and the spot where they host a HUGE concert every year), asked Zach if he'd like to perform at Cochella as a "one night stand" so-to speak, with the rest of the members of Rage. Zach agreed (Rage had already played Cochella a few years back), and that's why there's all the Rage talk. On an interview (I don't remember if it was with Zach or the head honcho for Cochella) I heard on the radio, there are no plans of Rage getting back together, it's just a one time deal. I like both bands, and I'd love to see Rage play, but no money for tickets :(

·
Premium Member
2,200 Posts
They are done.. Its all over the news service..

LOS ANGELES -- Chris Cornell is leaving rock group Audioslave, citing "irresolvable personality conflicts as well as musical differences."

"I wish the other three members nothing but the best in all of their future endeavors," Cornell said Thursday in a statement.

An after-hours call to Audioslave's music label was not immediately returned.

Cornell, 42, a former singer and guitarist with Seattle grunge band Soundgarden, said he'll release a solo album May 1 called "Carry On." He also co-owns a restaurant in Paris, where he splits his time.

Audioslave was formed in 2001 and comprised of Cornell and three former members of Rage Against the Machine. The group recorded three albums and performed in Havana in 2005.

Meanwhile, Rage Against the Machine planned to reunite to perform at this year's Coachella Valley Arts and Music Festival, which runs April 27 through 29. Tom Morello, the lead guitarist of Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave, has said the concert is a one-shot deal.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw Rage back in 1996. Bestest show I have ever seen! It was at an abandonded cattle slaughter house called Sloss Furnace in Alabama. I was about 10 feet from stage, with a sun burned back! It was too packed to even mosh. It something to see 500+ people jumping in unison to bulls on parade. :cool:

I have a 2 disc DVD of Rage that is pretty cool, but they didn't cover my show. ;)

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Im gonna celebrate and "rally round my family....with a pocket full of shells...."

·
Registered
888 Posts
i have not like any cd with chris cornell except his bad motor finer cd they put out!!!! the rest sucked to be and i jumped for joy when i heard audio slave was broken up!!!!!!!! i can't wait for this show that rage is doing this year and if you have not heard rumor is rage is making a working on a cd again!!!!!!!!!! i personally would of rather seen b- real from cypress hill or a beastie boy take over for rage when they broke up just cause of there flow!!!! man dreams do come true (cornell is gone)!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts