Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set that I am putting on my car and I am trying to decide where to mount them, directly in the middle of the dash (at the bottom), or more to the left about under the ash tray. If you got any pics, could you post them for me?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi steve, sorry I dont have any pictures. I mountd my Auto Meter 3 gauge set under the dash like you said to the right of the steering column under the ashtray if youre sitting down. One thing i ran into is my steering wheel which is a 13" grant gets in the way when trying to look because its too small. Hope this helps

·
Registered
399 Posts
No pics either, but I centered mine right above the console and I really like it there.
I have the bigger set of guages. Had the small ones at first but think the larger ones look the best. Chrome also.
Stacey

------------------
MY CAR
Stacey
67 chevelle

Only in AMERICA!!!
Ain't WE got it sweet!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I put the Auto-meter trio,centered directly under the heater controls on my '66 (OK,not a '67).Timing control mounted below that.Symmetrically,aesthetically pleasing.Easy to see,nothing blocking the view.

------------------
66 malibu 427,69 c-10 350,65 chevy-II 327,etc.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Mine are center above the console, below the control panel they are the old black faced sun gauges[oil,vacuum,temp] and match the black interior great.
-------------
Brett
'67
SS396
clone

·
Registered
982 Posts
I would mount them under the ashtray, flush with the edge of the shape of the steering column relief in the dash face.

Im not much help since all my gauges are separate pod gauges

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think it might depend on if your interior was a bench or bucket seats. I have the bucket seats and mounted mine even with the console. In my opinion this way looks best and no interference from the steering wheel.
Gary

·
Registered
94 Posts
i have a 70 and the dashes are some what simalar in the least but.. the gauges would mount the same. i got phantoms in indivudal cups to make it look cleaner. i know its a bad pic and my car is dirty as hell makes it look like some ghetto chevelle from a junk yard.. hahaha. it isnt.

ok im retarded..i put the message up without linking you.. here you go too much partying
http://www.bumpatrol.8k.com/cgi-bin/i/ebay/MVC-005S.JPG
http://www.bumpatrol.8k.com/cgi-bin/i/ebay/MVC-023X.jpg

[This message has been edited by justinhertel (edited 10-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by justinhertel (edited 10-28-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.