Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 71 assembly manual. I have gone thru it quickly and did not see anything on convertable tops. Did I just miss it or is there a supplement I need.

i just got a convertable top and need to see how it attaches.

------------------
Thanks,
Michael
Team Chevelle Member #136
71 Chevelle convertable
Westfield,MA

·
Registered
148 Posts
You might have to look through a Fisher Body Service Manual for that information. I have a '74 Fisher Body Service Manual that had that type of info. If you can't find one, the main library should have a technical/reference area where you can make copies. Good Luck.

------------------
Richard Dorrough
Tulsa, Ok
'68 Chevelle (CHVLLE)
'70 Nomad
ACES # 789

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
The assembly manual only deals with the Chevrolet assembly of the car not the Fisher Body build. Fisher Body did the top. To this date that I am aware of, no Fisher Body Assembly Manuals have been reprooduced if even found.

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
I have a Fisher manual for '71 and the "Folding Top" section is 24 pages long of which the first twelve addresses top installation. (Twelve pages of instructions indicates that this is not simple job.) I got mine at a used book store. Maybe you could find one locally; if not, email me and I can get some photocopies of what you need.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Michael, I believe the book you are looking for (fisher body manual)is sold by Original Parts Group (OPG) on page 233 in the 1999 catalog. From years 65 - 75 and sells for 29.95 + shp. Hope this helps.

------------------
Walter Momaney Jr. ACES # 1898
69SS , 72 Malibu

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I found the manual in the OPG catalogue(none in Ground as I would like to give them the bussiness). I will have to order one. Looks far to complicated to wing it.

------------------
Thanks,
Michael
Team Chevelle Member #136
71 Chevelle convertable
Westfield,MA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.