Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know is ASAP is still in business. I have an old catalog from them and they had some good prices on some parts I need. But when I went to call their number it wasn't them. Mat ACES #2424

------------------

·
Registered
38 Posts
ELLI,
ASAP gave up the ghost quite a while back. I was sorry to see them go. As you said, their prices were great, but what blew me away, was that I ordered suspension parts from them by telephone at 7pm and they were on my door at 8am the next morning! (Nevada store/California delivery)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just my thoughts, but I think ASAP bit the big one about the same time Supershops did. I always thought the two were somehow intertwined....same line of parts (Erson Cams, BFGoodrich tires, Mallory, etc.). I think ASAP may have been Supershops way of getting into the mailorder but not using the same name. Can anyone else confirm this?

Shannon

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
Shannon is correct. ASAP was Supershops catalog attempt. The stores closed not too long after the catalogs came out. I only recall getting one or two of them. I don't know if the catalog atempt caused the stores to fail or the other way around. SSuper Dave

·
Premium Member
18,160 Posts
Not to mention the excellent service and reputation that Summit and jegs offer, ASAP had a tough battle going against them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
They did have awesome prices. I spent about $2000 with them a couple years ago, but when I called their number shortly after, I got a "this number has been disconnected" message and figured they went belly up. They had excellent service and prices, I was sad to see them go. Summit and Jeg's are close in price and service, so I wasn't totally bummed.

·
Registered
101 Posts
check this out! not long after the asap rumor came out( it was true, by the way, supershops and asap where one in the same!)I stopped getting asap catalogs and started getting TEAM catalogs. the address was the same! now i'm not getting the TEAM catalogs, but i'm getting summit catalogs that have the same street name (west coast location)! looks to me that the building has changed hands more than once!.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.